Thursday, January 31, 2013

Blog Neglect



Nothing sadder, says my friend Moni, than a neglected blog.  Actually, I've been writing, just not here. Struggling with ongoing format issues for my blog at the Capital (if you've noticed, my last few posts there have no paragraphs at all, just a single run-on jumble.)  So here's what I've been up to:

Living aboard together in a very small space is, in some ways, just amazing.  We're totally in sync with each other's moods, and rarely need to finish sentences to know what each other is thinking.  Here in our little winter cocoon of white plastic, we're cozy and happy.  At the same time, I explained in a piece for Women and Cruising, (my first!) we have some tricks to keep from getting on each other's nerves and maintain our

Balance of Power ... Afloat


The other wonderful project I've been involved in is the launch of a new website, The Monkey's Fist: Collect Cruisers' Perspectives.  It's a collection of blog posts about particular topics related to the cruising/liveaboard life.  My first one was a glorious batch of stories from both new and established writers about what went through their heads as they moved aboard.

Moving Aboard: Transitions


2 comments:

  1. Jane, when I clicked on The Monkey's Fist link my anti-virus software went crazy and shut it down immediately. Has anyone else reported this to you?

    ~~_/)~~
    Sabrina
    s/v Honey Ryder Caliber 40 LRC
    http://www.wildcatsailorgirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Sabrina, no, this is the first I've heard. I just checked the page, both directly and via the links from this blog, and it looked fine from here. I'll pass the info on to Jane and Ean - the technical expertise on MoFi is all them.

    ReplyDelete