Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Tall Ships, Road Trips, Police Cars, Too Many Bars, Shooting Stars ...




I've loved writing Life Afloat! And it's been way too long since I've written. I haven't abandoned the project; it's just that I've been too busy out having adventures to have time to write about them. But last week I got a message from someone I didn't know, on Life Afloat's Facebook page, inviting my contribution to an article she was writing. And I put on my thinking cap and churned out some ideas and sent them off. Flatteringly, less than an hour later I had an email back from her; she loved what I had sent, it was perfect for her needs, and she wanted more!

And me? I was reminded how much fun I have writing, and how much it helps me really process what I've done and what I've learned. So I'm ready to start again. I don't think I will, or can, constrain myself to posting in chronological order as things happened. Rather, it will just be stream-of-consciousness as ideas bubble up. I even thought about joining the A to Z challenge again this year, with a theme of "playing catch up." I realized that during those challenges I felt free to write about whatever, free from my self imposed constraint of doing things in order, and it was a lot of fun. But I didn't want to wait until April for the challenge, so I'm starting now. Things will be messy and random and not in order (just like real life). But they will include stories of tall ships, and road trips, police cars, etc. And anything else that just comes up.

No comments:

Post a Comment