Saturday, April 18, 2015

Blogging from A to Z: November

During April, I'm participating in the Blogging from A to Z challenge -- one alphabet-themed post per day, starting with A is for Aruba Aftermath and ending with Z is for ... I don't know yet what Z is for, I'll figure it out when I get there.



November has always been my favorite month.  After the activity of summer and autumn, November for me is a time of snuggling down, quiet and reflective and cozy.  There's winter to look forward to, going slow and turning focus inward. There's the post-harvest celebration of Thanksgiving and family and friends, mugs of soup or stew.  And, okay, I'll admit it, anticipation of presents to come in December. ;)

Since we've started cruising, though, November just hasn't given me the same snuggly feeling.  Since we're always traveling in a bubble of 70 degree weather, moving north in the summer and south in the winter, we don't feel the rhythm of the seasons.  My bio-clock has seriously lost its calibration.  An unexpected -- although admittedly minor -- downside of being a snowbird.

What my Novembers look like now; stormy sky above and anchorage in Georgia

2 comments:

  1. I often get confused as to what month it is. When I'm hot and sweaty, I have a hard time believing that it is April. It was even more confusing when we lived in New Zealand where everything was backwards - winter in the southern hemisphere was summer in the northern hemisphere and vice versa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True that! My Australian friend says seasons drive her crazy. And I just can't get used to Xmas lights in palm trees. It's just ... wrong, to this Colorado cum Michigan girl.

    ReplyDelete